Heating and cooling systems have become a standardized way of dealing with varying climate and weather patterns, like air-conditioning that keeps us cool during heating and heating systems which keep us warm in the winter season.
Home heating and cooling systems are less complex compared with industrial and commercial heating and cooling systems.
Many homeowners find that they can cut costs and maintain home cooling and heating systems working efficiently with proper and regular maintenance and care.
Check out list of all different types of cooling system and characteristics of each cooling system through online sources
Both heating and cooling work on the basic premise that heat moves from a warm object to a cool thing, just as in the case of water which flows from higher levels to lower ones.
Heating and cooling systems have three basic elements:
- Source of cooled or heated air
- Means of distribution to the space that needs to be cooled or heated
- A control mechanism to regulate the system
Sources of cool and warm air often use the identical control and distribution systems, i.e. hot and cool air flow through exactly the same air duct and regulation is done by exactly the exact same thermostat. If the system malfunctions, one of these three primary functions may be at fault.
Cooling and heating systems require fuel for energy; air-conditioners work on electricity while heating systems may use fuel oil or gasoline besides electricity. In summers, the system functions to remove heat from the inside to the outside while in winters it transports heat from the outside to the interior.
Some of the advantages that are highly visible and produce tangible results and benefits like:
- Offering highly flexible options – by providing an alternative to an inefficient space heater and window units, ductless cooling and heating systems provide hot and cold air directly into the spaces required and contribute to better temperature control.
- Savings in costs – inefficient systems lead to spiraling electricity bills but since ductless systems operate on less power, are smaller compared to conventional heating and cooling units and supply the necessary atmosphere directly, there is less loss and more efficiency.